Part 2 - the obvious - what is their marketing like?
In Part 1 , we suggested the tried and time tested strategy of the Mystery Shop - an excellent first step into checking the quality
of the service on offer. Perhaps now you should turn your attention to some of the detail - How do the best agents market their
The best agents will discuss a COMPREHENSIVE MARKETING CAMPAIGN with you - and the others might attempt to spend ten minutestaking photos during a Valuation appointment in a race to list your property! Avoid that at all costs!
Remember the best marketing will attract the right sort of viewers- and ultimately the BEST PRICE. So what might be included in your marketing campaign ?
- HOME STAGING - Your agent should know your property and discuss which features will be a focal point of the marketing - They will discuss how best to present your property.
- PHOTOGRAPHY- Your agent should arrange a photographer who will take their time to get the best shots of your property. He will also spend more time processing them back at the office. And if a new photo shoot is required - perhaps because it was rainy and dark that day , or perhaps you now need new shots to reflect the new season - they should be prepared to come back!
- BROCHURE- its easy to compare different agents brochures by viewing their online listings - perhaps you should download a few different agents brochures to compare? Do they look good? Are they easy to read with engaging text and do they contain all the information you would want?
- FLOORPLANS - Rightmove tells us 'Buyers are less likely to enquire about a property without a floorplan' . Buyers find it easier to visualise themselves in the property with a well designed and clear floorplan.
- ONLINE PORTALS? Rightmove, Zoopla and S1 Homes ? You want the best quality coverage.
- ONLINE PRESENTATION- how does your agent present their online listings ? Do they include all the information a buyer might need in order to make the decision to request a viewing ? Can they easily access your home report ?
- FOR SALE SIGN - you need to consider which type of sign and its placement!
- GO LIVE! - What is the strategy for the day which your property goes LIVE ? Who is the agent talking to before , during and after this day ? Does the agent utilise an email database of prospective buyers ?
All these items and more need to be covered in a sound marketing plan which really needs to be tailor-made to your property - Do you have the confidence in your agent to manage everything on your behalf?
Alba Property always provide pdf brochures with floorplans and a For Sale Sign - ALL FREE OF CHARGE .
We also advise our clients on all aspects of their marketing campaign and have access to additional 3rd party services as required - for example Video and Aerial Photography, which we dont use as standard. We really do design your campaign around your home - so everything is taken care of for you.